Making choices that impact your career is never an easy thing to do. Factoring in all the things that compel you to stay along with any signs that might be telling you it’s time to make a change is a lot of work and can be confusing. Feeling confident that you’ve made the right choice when it’s all said and done can be even tougher.
Fortunately (or unfortunately,) there are several definitive indicators that it’s time for you to hit the road in search of greener pastures. Courtesy of Jason Demers at Inc.com comes “7 Signs You Need to Quit Your Job.” If you’ve found yourself in a position where you’re tolerating any of the below, it might be time to freshen up that resume!
1. You Aren’t Improving. Your career should be moving forward in at least one direction.
2. Your Company Is Moving Toward a Bad Future. If your company is in an unpleasant position, try not to worry. However, if it looks like the unpleasant situation is bound to grow worse in the coming years, getting out early is advisable.
3. You Don’t Respect Your Boss. Otherwise solid jobs can be ruined by bad leaders.
4. You’re Severely Undervalued. It’s a problem if your accomplishments aren’t recognized or if your ongoing work isn’t appreciated.
5. You Aren’t Passionate About the Work. Passion isn’t always about excitement or happiness; it’s about thriving in your environment and being motivated to continue.
6. You Don’t Fit the Culture. Company culture can make or break your work experience.
7. You Want Something Else. It’s the most obvious sign you need to quit your job, but it’s also the most often ignored.
If these seven signs have got you thinking about where you stand in your workplace, be sure to check out Inc.com’s full article here for all the information on each sign plus some great examples to go with!